Monday, January 23, 2012

Growing up

Gracie has grown leaps and bounds in the last month.  In the last four weeks, she’s mastered walking, said her first words (we think), developed an infectious laugh, and has starting dancing.

Here is a short video of Gracie learning to walk right before Christmas.  Now she’s walking so fast it’s hard for mom and dad to keep up.


We were out to dinner the other night & when Gracie was finished with her meal, we swear she said “all done.”   Two weeks later she said it again!  I would have bet money her first words would be “more”, but Ms. Grace is never shy in letting us know what she wants, so it “all done” is fitting.  

Below is a short clip of Gracie laughing. Watching her laugh, makes me laugh so now it’s my goal in life to make her laugh. 


Aunt Nora and Uncle Al gave Gracie this big block toy & Gracie loves it!  She loves to dance to the music when she’s standing around it.  I wouldn't say we’re ready to enroll her in Irish dancing, but if I remember the Irish dancing lessons my brother got from Erin’s aunts at our rehearsal dinner correctly, I think she heading in the right direction.  The Mogensen square Flintstone feet don’t typically lend themselves the dancing arts, but maybe Gracie will luck out.  Now he just needs to overcome the inability to dance to the beat that she may have inherited from her dad. 


Who loves bacon?


Grace with her new shoes and big girl scarf.


This robe is so stinking cute, but we pushed the limits of letting her walk around without a diaper.  After I finished filling her bath tub and I turned off the facet, the running water sounds didn’t end.  I looked down to see Grace’s innocent face only to find a little puddle.  Ms. Grace still hates baths and she found a pretty effective way to protest them. 

           

Someone takes after her mom.  Grace loves her toy purses.  Dad’s bank account is in trouble. 


No comments:

Post a Comment