Thursday, September 20, 2012

Day 1 – Bridget Maren Mogensen


We welcomed Bridget Maren Mogensen into the world yesterday (9/19/12) at 12:36pm.  She weighed in at an even 8 pounds and stretched out to 20.5 inches.  Erin inherited some good genes as was blessed with another very short delivery.  Almost too short.  I was out to lunch and had to sprint the 4-blocks back to the hospital and Bridget was born 10 minutes later.  After her birth, I was still out of breath from sprinting to the hospital and in shock Bridget was a girl.  Everyone predicted Erin was having a boy.  I was reminded by many fellow dads in following hours that I better start saving my pennies as wedding are not cheap.  This is not to mention that Grace is already into expensive shoes & purses.  Boy, I'm in trouble. 
 
Anyhow, all initial tests are that Bridget is a healthy baby and she really only cries when she’s hungry (just like any Mogensen).  Erin and I may have to start a “swear jar” for every time we call Bridget, Grace, but I’m sure we’ll get the hang of soon.  Below are some pictures of Bridget’s welcoming committee on her birthday.  

30 seconds old!


Snuggle Time with Mom


The Ryan Ladies


Grandpa and Bridget

Grauntie Maureen / future Godmother and Bridget 



Proud mama getting ready for the move to the recovery room


Mom and Dad and the new edition to our family


The leprechaun hat is a little too big




No comments:

Post a Comment