Saturday, September 22, 2012

The Stockham’s invade Navy Pier


My sister’s family was into town for my Grandma’s 103rd birthday and we all decided to head down to Navy Pier. 

Anna, Andrew, and Shane checked out the famous Navy Pier Ferris Wheel.  Your Cliff Clavin little known fact of the day, the original Ferris Wheel was designed and constructed by George Washington Gale Ferris, Jr. as a landmark for the 1893 World's Columbian Exposition in Chicago. The term Ferris wheel later came to be used generically for all such structures.


Anna, Andrew, and I rode the flying swings ride and it was a lot of fun.

 Gracie had a good time riding the Merry-go-around with Nonnie.  


Andrew, Shane, and I played 18 holes of miniature golf and the match went down to the last hole.  Shane had an incredible 4 holes-in-one, but one blow-up hole allowed me to squeak out the win on the last hole.  I captured Andrew’s highlight reel moment on film (see below). 

Below is a nice father and son picture.  

The putting stroke

The one-in-hole and post celebration!

No comments:

Post a Comment